The most cost-effective method of keeping maintenance costs at a minimum is to stop dirt at the door. Dirt, dust, grime and debris is a year-round problem. Proper Entrance Matting is a year-round solution.
Consider if you will the following statistics:
- 70 -80 % of dirt and moisture enters a building through the front, back and side entrances.
- Over a 20-day period, 1000 people will deposit 24 pounds of dirt.
- The cost of removing one pound of dirt exceeds $ 500 on average.
- Within the first 6 feet, 42 % of the floors finish will be removed after only 1500 people have entered.
Entrance Matting is the first line of defense.
- A proper matting system consisting of a minimum of 15 feet will trap, hold and hide 85 % of dirt at the entrance.
- Proper matting truly enhances the appearance level of any condominium, restaurant/bar, home or office.
In addition to reducing maintenance costs a proper matting system will reduce the levels of airborne particulate thus improving the overall indoor air quality of your home or office. As well, the spread of organic matter present in dirt and debris is also reduced thus decreasing odours in your home or office. Lastly, proper matting reduces slips and falls increasing occupant safety.
We offer sensible solutions to the expensive rental matting programs. Our solutions include both matting supply and annual care programs suited to your budget and foot traffic requirements. We would be pleased to review and consult with you on your matting requirements.
Basic facts on rental versus purchasing of mats:
- Provide a limited range of widths, lengths & colors.
- Dye lots maybe inconsistent and not match throughout the facility.
- Wiper only mats are supplied.
- Maintenance staff often end up vacuuming the mats on a daily basis
- In the summer months less matting is required. Does your contract adapt to summer requirements?
Purchase of mats:
- Mat purchasing is more cost effective. In most cases, you can purchase a mat for the same cost as renting the same mat for 4 – 5 months.
- Mat purchasing provides more variety in soil protection. A proper matting system incorporates the usage of scraper, wiper/scraper and wiper only matting.
- Mat purchasing provides a wider selection of colors, widths & lengths.